Changes to curbside solid waste services
The City Council has approved a 10 year contract with Republic Services to begin collecting trash, recycling, and yard waste on January 1, 2017. The process of changing services for approximately 8,400 homes will likely be challenging. We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation in the process that will also include delivery of approximately 17,000 new carts. There will be an additional mailer sent to each participating residence that will contain more detailed and specific information next week, or it is available to view online here.
The following items highlight some key points:
- The collection of trash, recycling, and yard waste will remain unchanged – with the improved exception of now being allowed 12 yard waste bags/containers/bundles each week throughout the year.
- Residents will be able to select from an expanded option of cart sizes (35-65-95 gallon). The most common cart size is 65 gallons. We anticipate new cart delivery occurring December 15-22, 2016. Cart sizes are available to view at City Hall.
- The current weekly route schedule will remain the same.
- Special collection for residents with hardships will remain the same.
- Overflow stickers for extra bags will remain at $1.25 each.
- The first year rate adjustment will increase from $14.50 to $16.00 per month.
- Large item pick up will still be conducted on an annual basis, with the 2017 to be determined.