All qualified applicants must submit an online application for employment. If you have any questions, please call (913) 385-4623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I apply for a job with the Prairie Village Police Department?
A: All applicants for the position of police officer participate in a hiring process that provides equal opportunity, is challenging, and at the same time creates a strong sense of accomplishment and pride in every candidate who becomes a member of the Department.
Q: What are the minimum qualifications for serving as a police officer?
A: Candidates for police officer must meet the following minimum qualifications to be considered for employment with the Prairie Village Police Department.
- Minimum of 21 Years of Age
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Good Moral Character
- Valid Driver's License
- U.S. Citizen
- Has not been convicted; does not have an expunged conviction; has not been placed on diversion by any state or federal government for a crime which is a felony or its equivalent under the Uniform Code of Military Justice
- No DUI within the last five years
- All uniformed employees are prohibited from displaying body art, tattoos, intentional scarring, or mutilation while on duty or representing the department in any official capacity. Uniformed employees shall cover existing body art or tattoos by wearing a long-sleeved shirt and/or uniform pants/breeches and/or a skin tone patch/make-up. Tattoos are explicitly prohibited from being visible on the hands, above the collarbone on the neck, face, head, or visible with an open collar shirt. Command staff personnel have final discretion when determining the appropriateness of exposed tattoos.
Q: Is there a residency requirement for police officers?
A: Successful candidates must be willing to move within a 35-mile radius of the city limits within two years of hire date. There are no Kansas residency requirements.
Successful candidates attend the Johnson County Regional Police Academy.
To apply, click here.
Questions? Please call (913) 385-4623.