- Review the meeting archive to look at current and past City Council meetings’ agendas and minutes
- Find scheduled meetings on the Events Calendar
- Coming Soon – Full Minutes Archive
The Mayor and 12 elected Council members serve as the legislative and policy-making body of the City. The Mayor & Council provide leadership, vision and direction for the staff and City resources. The six wards in Prairie Village are each represented by 2 Council members. The Mayor is elected at-large. Elected Officials serve four year terms.
The City is served by a professional City Administrator, Police Chief, Public Works Director, Assistant City Administrator and City Clerk. Correspondence can be mailed to the City at 7700 Mission Rd, Prairie Village, KS 66208.
- Find a staff member in the City Directory
Submit a Request for Records Online or Download the Form
Most records maintained by public entities are open for inspection and copying by individuals. Commonly requested records include: Ordinances, Resolutions, Minutes from open meetings and budgets. There are several exceptions outlined in State Law: personnel information of public employees, medical treatment records, records protected by attorney-client privilege or rules of evidence, notes and preliminary drafts, and other specifics.
The City Clerks’ Office coordinates records requests with various City departments. Fill out a request for records or download the form. Please note that in many instances, fee for staff time required to make information available and the cost of copying or reproducing may be charged. Pre-payment may also be required.
The City Clerk serves as the City’s primary Records Custodian. If you have questions regarding open records, access, cost, etc., please contact the City Clerk.
Joyce Hagen Mundy, City Clerk
7700 Mission Rd
Prairie Village, KS 66208
Read our Policies and Procedures – Chapter 1, Article 6 of the Municipal Code
|Copies of Records||$.50 for first 10 pages
$.10 per page after first 10
|Staff Review/Inspection/Prep Time||Hourly Rate of Staff Member|
|Digital Copies||$1.00 per document|
The City adopts and publishes an annual budget by August 25th of each year for the following year’s budget. The City’s fiscal year runs January 1st through December 31st.
- Look up payments using PV checkbook
- Review the current budget or previous budgets
- For a quicker review, check out our Budget in Brief
- Learn about the Prairie Village Shops and Corinth Square Shops Community Improvement Districts (CID)
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state and local funding in the annual budget.
- Find information on City property taxes and sales taxes.
- Review the current Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) or previous audits
- Review the current Quarterly Financial reports
- Open Bids and RFPs are posted online and you can subscribe to notices
- Learn about the City’s Purchasing Policy
- Learn about Major Projects and subscribe to updates
- Look up Building Permit information and forms
- Learn about the Planning Commission and find application forms
- Review Zoning Regulations
The City does not engage in direct lobbying. Membership dues are paid to the following organizations who lobby on behalf of the City: League of Kansas Municipalities, National League of Cities, Northeast Johnson County Chamber and the Kansas Association of Chiefs of Police