Prairie Village Tree Maintenance Program
The City of Prairie Village has a tree maintenance program where the City's current Tree contractor, Kansas City Tree will be in the area of 89th Street south to 95th Street from Mission Road west to Roe Avenue starting Friday, February 1, 2019. The following criteria will be followed in the trimming of this area:
• Remove dead wood 2 inches in diameter or larger over the City right-of-way
• Remove broken or damaged limbs over the City right-of-way
• Remove limbs lower than 14 feet over the street
• Remove limbs lower than 9 feet over the sidewalk
• Remove limbs obscuring visibility of traffic signs and signals
• Remove limbs blocking street lights
The City will trim trees that are on the City right-of-way property line. The City will not be trimming any trees on private property but could trim branches that fall within the criteria above. Kansas City Tree Care is not allowed to trim private trees while under contract with the City.
Please remember that tree maintenance is the homeowners responsibility, even for right-of-way trees. This tree maintenance program helps to maintain height and visibility safety standards in the right-of-way. Currently the tree maintenance program is funded to complete each work area every 4 to 5 years.
Please check back to the City's website for updates on other areas to be completed this year.