Large Item Pick Up UPDATE
Republic Services crews are in route today to pick up missed items from the first weekend of Prairie Village's large item pick up. Do to the amount of trash homeowners had out, crews were unable to reach all homes in the designated area despite having additional trucks assigned this year. The missed areas, highlighted in blue on the map below, will be served today.
It’s time to get rid of unwanted junk from your garage or basement during the City’s annual large item pick up event.
- Saturday, April 13, 2019: Residents on and north of 75th Street and residents east of Belinder
- Saturday, April 20, 2019: Residents south of 75th Street except those east of Belinder
Items must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m.
Items collected include:
- Railroad ties (4’ or less in length)
- Fencing (cut into 3’ x 4’ sections. Bundle loose pickets for easy collection.)
- Tree limbs cut to 4’ or less in length and secured in bundles not more than 18” in diameter.
- Carpet (cut into 4’ x 4’ sections)
- Items not collected by regular trash service
Items should be no larger than a standard-size refrigerator. Republic will pick up refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and ice makers, however, the refrigerant must be removed. Loose items should be bundled.
For complete large item pick-up rules visit www.pvkansas.com/largeitempickup. If you have additional questions, call Republic Services at 913-281-4343. This is a free service for Prairie Village residents, so take advantage of this opportunity to clean up!