Questions & Concerns

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1 for the Police Department's Communications Center. Here are some tips for when to dial 9-1-1.


It is the policy of the Prairie Village Police Department to vigorously investigate all complaints in order to preserve public confidence in the agency. If you believe that a Department member's conduct was inappropriate, the Department invites you to file a complaint [PDF] regarding those actions. You can do this by calling the police department and asking to speak with the shift supervisor. The supervisor will discuss with you your complaint and investigate the matter. You will be notified of our findings at the conclusion of the investigation

If you believe a member of the Department demonstrated a bias toward you based on your race, ethnicity, national origin, gender or religious dress, you may file a complaint with the Department or the Kansas Attorney General at 785/296-2215.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer