Fill out a request form online for a pothole, damaged park equipment, downed trees, etc.
For general inquires, please call: 913-385-4647.
Public Works Programs
The Prairie Village Public Works Department is organized into six major programs:
- Administration & Engineering, including the Capital Improvement Program
- Streets Operations & Maintenance
- Drainage Operations & Maintenance
- Parks & Grounds Maintenance
- Buildings Maintenance
- Vehicle Maintenance
The Public Works Department also maintains the Aquatic Complex at Harmon Park.
Public Works Location & Staff
- The Public Works Facility is located at 3535 Somerset Drive.
- View the Public Works Staff Directory.
Construction Update Reports
- Status reports on the City's Capital Improvement projects are updated monthly.
- More information is available on the Construction Projects page.
Water Services are owned, operated and maintained by Water District No. 1 of Johnson County, a separate utility agency. If you have questions or concerns regarding the water system, please contact Water One directly.
Sanitary Sewer Services are owned, operated and maintained by the Johnson County Wastewater Department. If you have questions or concerns regarding the sanitary sewer system, please contact Johnson County Wastewater directly. In the past, some Johnson County homeowners have faced the frustrating challenge of basement flooding during extremely heavy rains. If you have this challenge due to back up of your system, we encourage you to contact Johnson County Wastewater and look into their Backup Prevention Program.