Soccer Field Reservations
The City is pleased to be able to support local recreation teams by providing practice fields for local soccer teams. Soccer fields are available for reservation at the following parks: Taliaferro, Franklin and Porter. Soccer Fields are reserved for teams for the spring and fall seasons. Fields can also be reserved for individual groups for $7.50 per hour. Contact the City Clerk's Office at 913-381-6464 for more information.
Recurring practices: Soccer Field Reservation Application [PDF]
One time use: One Time Use Field Application [PDF]
The City Council has set a fee of $80 per team for field reservations. This fee is payable with your application and will be refunded if you are unable to get a practice field. The check should be made payable to the "City of Prairie Village."
- Teams are allowed a maximum of two - 1½ hour practices per week.
- Team rosters are required for all teams. They need to include the team members home address, the school they attend and their age to verify the team's eligibility as a preferred Prairie Village Team.
- Uncontested practice requests will be filled and a permit will be mailed to coaches.
- Teams requesting conflicting times will be determined by a lottery. A representative from each team must be present to select for their team. (i.e. fields can not be selected by a different coach on behalf of the team coach.) Coaches will be notified by the City Clerk's Office of the date and time of the lottery.
- As names are drawn the coach may select only one field - when all names have been drawn, the second field will be awarded in reverse order of the draw. (i.e. first name drawn will have the first & last selection)
- No permits will be issued without a team roster on file.
Note: The Council Policy on the reservation of fields states that fields will be awarded to Prairie Village teams prior to issuing fields to non-Prairie Village teams.
The Johnson & County Parks & Recreation Department (JCPRD) offers a variety of youth soccer leagues and camps. For more information call 913-438-7275 or visit www.jcprd.com.
Summer Soccer Camps in PV
International Soccer Camp provides players of all ages and abilities with the rare opportunity to receive high-level soccer coaching from a team of international experts. Each day includes individual foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices, small-sided games, coached scrimmages, and a daily tournament. Equally important, the Challenger coaching staff provides your child with lessons in respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship and leadership. Camp programs include a free ball and shirt and a free jersey for online registrations at least 45 days prior to camp!
- June 15 – 19; 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Taliaferro Park
- ages 5-14
- Register here
TinyTykes is an exciting program focusing on the development of children ages 2 - 5. The soccer experts at Challenger Sports and child development experts have designed an innovative curriculum that introduces young players to the basic skills needed in soccer as well as developing motor, social, and psychological skills. Program includes a ball & uniform, Lenny toy, or a backpack.
- 2020 SPRING SESSION CANCELED DUE TO COVID 19 GATHERING RESTRICTIONS
- Taliaferro Park
- Tiny Tykes Cubs - ages 2-3; 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- TinyTykes Lions - ages 4-5; 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.