The VillageFest Community Spirit Awards are given each year by the VillageFest Committee to recognize citizens, businesses and organizations in Prairie Village.
NOMINATION CATEGORIES & CRITERIA
Citizens: We encourage nominations of citizens who are well-known for community service, but also seek those less known neighborhood heroes who have selflessly helped their neighbors in need of extra care or in an emergency and those who help out under other circumstances like snow removal, grass cutting or other burdens of daily living for neighbors unable to do their own due to age or infirmity.
Lifetime Spirit: Any individual that gave/gives their time and talent in an effort to improve the quality of life in our community. This category recognizes people who spent many years “giving back” to Prairie Village.
Organizations: Any Prairie Village organization (i.e. Homes Association, Scout troop, PTA committee) that has demonstrated a commitment to improve the quality of life in our community.
Businesses; Business Leaders: Any business operating in Prairie Village that has demonstrated a commitment to improve the quality of life in our community.
- Prairie Village citizens, businesses, and organizations are eligible. (Lifetime Spirit nominees do not have to still live in Prairie Village. See criteria above)
- The citizen, organization, or business must reside or be located within Prairie Village, KS
- Nominations may be made without the knowledge of the nominee. (Please note on the Nomination Form.)
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- A one-page written narrative must accompany the nomination form. In addition, you may provide up to three additional pages of supporting material such as newspaper clippings or letters of support.
- Awards may not be given in all categories and, in special cases, more than one award per category may be made.
- Honorees will be selected by vote of the entire VillageFest Committee at its May meeting upon the strength of the nominating forms and supporting narratives submitted.
- Awards will be announced & presented during the Patriotic Service at VillageFest, July 4th!