Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Large Item Pick-up has been rescheduled. The new dates are:
- June 6 - homes on and north of 75th Street and homes east of Belinder
- June 13 - homes south of 75th Street except those east of Belinder
Items Collected Include
- Railroad ties (4’ or less in length)
- Fencing (Cut into 3' x 4' sections. Bundle loose pickets for easy collection)
- Carpet (cut into 4' x 4' sections)
Bundle or package loose items. Put only those items not collected by regular trash service.
Special Requirements and Restrictions:
- Large pieces of glass must be broken down and placed in boxes.
- Swing sets must be disassembled.
- No items larger than a household-size refrigerator.
Materials which will NOT be collected include:
- Items weighing more than 150 pounds
- Tree limbs or tree stumps
- Hazardous materials (includes tires, toxic materials, paint, car batteries, fireplace ashes, solvents or oils)
- Excessive quantities of concrete, rubble, or refuse from remodeling, construction or demolition of buildings
- Waste from commercial establishments
- Compressed gas cylinders
Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, ice makers, etc. will be collected but the refrigerant must be removed.
Report Missed Items:
If your home is missed during a large item pick-up please contact the City at 913-381-6464 during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) The City will verify all requirements and record your name, address, and phone number with a brief description of items missed.